Chakras are wheel-like energy centers that run from the root of the spine to the crown of the head. They receive and transmit light energy in a spinning vortex motion, and they need to be kept in balance. The energy of each of your chakras affects your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.
Each chakra has a need associated with it. Whenever a person's spiritual connection becomes sluggish their flow of Chi or life force energy is slowed down. Chakras influence cells, organs, and the entire hormone system and affects one’s thought and feelings.
The term “chakra” comes from the Sanskrit, the sacred language of India and literally means “wheel” or “turning”. Through the chakras we take in energy from our surroundings. Work on your chakras will improve your physical health as well as your mind and spiritual life.
The chakras are:
1. Root Chakra: Earth element; color red; Life Force, Stability, Trust, Security, Survival Instincts, Self-preservation and groundedness
2. Sacral Chakra: Water element; color orange; Life Vitality, Fertility, Creative Life Energy, and Passion
3. Solar Plexus: Fire element; color yellow; Self-confidence, Willpower, Self-control Power, Personality,
4. Heart Chakra: Air element; color green; Self-acceptance, Love, Compassion, Humanity, Warm-heartedness
5. Throat Chakra: Ether element; color blue; Self-expression, Communication, Inspiration, Truthfulness, Creativity, intelligence
6. Third Eye Chakra: Light element; color indigo; Self-reflection, Knowing, Intuition, Wisdom, Awareness
7. Crown Chakra: Thought element; color violet; Divine connection, Spirituality, Enlightenment, Self-realization, Connected
Balancing our chakras will allow them to become free flowing and in harmony with the other areas and aspects of our body. Chakra balancing is performed with the client fully clothed laying on a massage table.